I am currently using access 2010 to get data from an external source. The steps I take to link to the external views provided to us are the following:
1. Click on the External Data Tab
2. Click on ODBC Database
3. Select Link to the data source by creating a linked table
4. Click ok
5. Click on the Machine Data Source Tab in the pop up that appears
6. Select the data source I want to connect to
7. A list of views is presented to me to link to.
Now I would like to replicate this in SQL Server 2008 express edition as I believe I can do better with my queries in SQL server than being stuck in access 2010. Please provide the steps needed to be able to get to the same data source I am acessing in access but instead in SQL Server 2008. Thanks in advance.