Link to home
Start Free TrialLog in
Avatar of fkoyer
fkoyer

asked on

Exchange 2003 messages stuck in local queue

After an unexpected server shutdown our Exchange databases became corrupt and I had to run eseutil on them to get them to mount. Now they are mounted but new incoming messages are not being delivered. They are just staying in the "Local Delivery" queue which has a status of "Retry".

I've tried:
1. right-clicking on the queue and selecting "Force connection"
2. rebooting the server
3. Checking for a disconnected SMTP mailbox
4. Manually moving messages from the "Queue" folder to the "Pickup" folder.
5. Stopping the Default SMTP virtual server, and creating a new one.

This is on a SBS 2003 server.
Avatar of Postmaster
Postmaster
Flag of Australia image

Have you tried restarting your Hub/Edge servers?
Avatar of fkoyer
fkoyer

ASKER

This is an SBS server so everything's on one server. I have restarted it. Thanks.
My first thing would be to turn up diagnostic logging.  Go to the properties of the server and on the diagnostic logging tab, select exchange transport on the left and on the right select all items and click the maximum radio button and click ok.  Try forcing the connection again and watch the application log for errors and report back what you find.
ASKER CERTIFIED SOLUTION
Avatar of abhiy
abhiy
Flag of India image

Link to home
membership
This solution is only available to members.
To access this solution, you must be a member of Experts Exchange.
Start Free Trial
Avatar of fkoyer

ASKER

Thank you. I had forgotten about isinteg. That was the missing step. I had to run it twice before it started working. I skipped the defrag to save a little time.