troubleshooting Question

Command Buttons crash in mdb on Access 2010

Avatar of Laurence Martin
Laurence MartinFlag for United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland asked on
Microsoft Access
14 Comments2 Solutions1199 ViewsLast Modified:
Error prompted by clicking command buttonI have an Access .mdb that is now running in Access 2010.

The problem is that when I create new forms command buttons won't open them.

When I click the button (created using the wizard) I get the attached error.

I have tried to de-bug but this error seems to pop-up before any of the code is run.

I have avoided upgrading the file to accdb because the client doesn't want to fund the extensive testing that would be required.

I have removed the module from the target form, but this made no difference.

Any clues about what is happening and how to get round it would be gratefully received.

Join our community to see this answer!
Unlock 2 Answers and 14 Comments.
Start Free Trial
Learn from the best

Network and collaborate with thousands of CTOs, CISOs, and IT Pros rooting for you and your success.

Andrew Hancock - VMware vExpert
See if this solution works for you by signing up for a 7 day free trial.
Unlock 2 Answers and 14 Comments.
Try for 7 days

”The time we save is the biggest benefit of E-E to our team. What could take multiple guys 2 hours or more each to find is accessed in around 15 minutes on Experts Exchange.

-Mike Kapnisakis, Warner Bros