I am hoping one of you can give me a high level Step 1, 2, 3 outline of how to setup a simple Exchange organization on SBS 2008 with consideration of the constraints listed below. I can work thought the details once I know the path.
1) Exchange 2007 is installed on my SBS 2008 server but not configured.
1) We have two locations running separate SBS 2008 domains.
2) My location is companyUSA.com and the other is company.com in Germany.
3) Both locations use @company.com for email hosted by a third party Strato.com.
4) The German location has Exchange properly configured with Strato as the smart host.
5) My users are setup with Outlook pop3 accounts pointed directly to Strato.com.
6) It would be logical to work with my German counter part to configure my server, but the differences in language and time zones make it almost impossible.
All the articles and forums I have read have done nothing but make me more confused smart host, Edge Transport, Hub transport, MX records, TSL.
Where do I start?