I need advice. I have an existing ajax/php/mySQL web application (working, hosted, live, all good) that is basically a newsletter sign-up form, but with the following added functions added:
1. ajax form validations (jquery, etc) and uses math captcha
2. serves a unique coupon code to user (both on confirmation page and via autoresponse HTML email). Static codes are pre-populated in db table - served one per email address.
3. autoresponse HTML email (as mentioned above)
4. password protected client control panel to display db records and export to CSV
Towards deciding if I should take on this challenge - here's the question...
In regards to the "backend" functionality itemized above - what complications am I likely to encounter due to foreign language character sets, etc. ?
I am concerned about...
1. autoresponse MIME html emails: various languages, various platforms and email clients.
2. ajax validations handling and display of foreign character sets
3. server side validations handling and display of foreign character sets
4. mySql handling and display of foreign character sets
5. security issues
6. might it require sub-contracting native speaking developers, etc, etc.
Any projections about potential problem areas would be much appreciated - thanks!