I have an SBS 2003 server that failed exchange and could not properly be repaired. So at this point we thought it was a good time to move to the SBS 2008 platform. I did not want to perform a migration but rather perform a brand-new install using a different server name the same domain name
We have only 12 users. The install was successful.
- I confirmed that all the server firmware Microsoft service packs and updates are up to date. The SBS 2008 server is on service pack two. The exchange 2007 version says version “08.01.0340.000”
- All 12 users are up and running and receiving and sending e-mail
- I'm just not the point to fine tune and make sure that the server runs efficiently.
- Are there major differences between the full-blown exchange server 2007 and the exchange server within SBS 2008?
- when I tried to find information about exchange 2007. It appears to be a little different than exchange 2007 inside SBS 2008. Such as service packs. I assume updating SBS 2008 with latest service packs and post service pack updates, it updates the entire server and all its components.
- I received my first e-mail error received by one of the users on this SBS 2008 server. He received an undeliverable stating message size “31170926 exceeds size limit 10485760 of server”. I assume this number is in kilobytes or bytes which makes us 31 MB or 3.1 MB. the default size in exchange 2007 is 10 MB. The directions I found are different for making the change in SBS 2008. I need to know how to check the default size and how to change
- all the users connecting to the SBS 2008 server have Windows 7 professional laptops. Is there a good article showing how to set up a VPN using Windows 7 professional built-in VPN connecting to the SBS 2008 servers built-in VPN. The previous SBS 2003 server was configured this way but I was not involved
Any help and/or suggestions would be appreciated