We help IT Professionals succeed at work.

Having problem with reports service 2005

Mortarello asked
Last Modified: 2012-06-01
Hello guys,

I´m having a problem with report services 2005, if any one could help me please.

Some times when i´m retriving the report to save on pdf or even just to show the for I´m getting this error msg.

--Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'--

Does any one could help me please ?

Many Thanks,

Watch Question


I was googling and i found that, this is a bug on report service 2005. but the problem is the company can not change to 2008 now.


Some times i just restart the report service on IIS and it works. But I have to do this all the time.
BI Consultant
Most Valuable Expert 2011
This one is on us!
(Get your first solution completely free - no credit card required)


hi ValentinoV, We just move to sql2008 and it works..Looks like is a bug on 2005 version

Gain unlimited access to on-demand training courses with an Experts Exchange subscription.

Get Access
Why Experts Exchange?

Experts Exchange always has the answer, or at the least points me in the correct direction! It is like having another employee that is extremely experienced.

Jim Murphy
Programmer at Smart IT Solutions

When asked, what has been your best career decision?

Deciding to stick with EE.

Mohamed Asif
Technical Department Head

Being involved with EE helped me to grow personally and professionally.

Carl Webster
CTP, Sr Infrastructure Consultant
Empower Your Career
Did You Know?

We've partnered with two important charities to provide clean water and computer science education to those who need it most. READ MORE

Ask ANY Question

Connect with Certified Experts to gain insight and support on specific technology challenges including:

  • Troubleshooting
  • Research
  • Professional Opinions
Unlock the solution to this question.
Join our community and discover your potential

Experts Exchange is the only place where you can interact directly with leading experts in the technology field. Become a member today and access the collective knowledge of thousands of technology experts.

*This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.


Please enter a first name

Please enter a last name

8+ characters (letters, numbers, and a symbol)

By clicking, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.