Outlook 2010 crashing after search indexing error

A user running Office 2010 Professional plus is experiencing outlook 2010 crashing regularly and restarting in safe mode.

prior to every crash, the following is logged:

Search cannot complete the indexing of your Outlook data. Indexing cannot continue for C:\Documents and Settings\USER.DOMAIN\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\username - test.ost (error=0x80a40806). If this error continues, contact Microsoft Support.



i have tried both scanOST and deleting/recreating the ost file.
the file is around 9GB.

a new outlook profile has not helped either.

any ideas?

thank you.
LVL 2
jspazianoctoAsked:
Who is Participating?
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

Sushant GulatiConsultantCommented:
Have to tried rebuilding the instant search catalog?

Please follow these 2 forums in which the steps are given in resetting and rebuilding the instant search functionalities. There have been cases where the clients wanted to disable the instant search because there are some known issues where in the search wont show up any result or the high CPU usage or multiple processes are executed which is slowing down the performance of the machine.

http://www.msoutlook.info/question/47

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/reset-indexing-by-rebuilding-your-instant-search-catalog-HA010237832.aspx

Good Luck..!!
~SG~

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
apache09Commented:
Im pretty sure this was a known issue that was fixed in SP1
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2460049
jspazianoctoAuthor Commented:
they were on SP1.

i rebuilt their OST and archived older items, rebuilt the index and that seemed to fix it.
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Outlook

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.