Link to home
Start Free TrialLog in
Avatar of brothertruffle880
brothertruffle880Flag for United States of America

asked on

Windows 7 - Keyboard shortcut for Collapsing /Expanding the Ribbon

What is the keyboard shortcut for collapsing/expanding the ribbon?
Avatar of Brad Bouchard
Brad Bouchard

Which ribbon?  Office?
If it's Office you're talking about then:

File tab to open Backstage view. Then choose Options/Customize Ribbon/Keyboard, then Shortcuts/Customize to enter your own key combinations or to change existing ones, as shown in Figure 1.
Also, if if's the Office ribbon you speak of, then you can hit the Alt key and the corresponding numbers for items you can interact with will come up.
Avatar of Gerwin Jansen
Gerwin Jansen
Flag of Netherlands image

Link to home
This solution is only available to members.
To access this solution, you must be a member of Experts Exchange.
Start Free Trial
Ctrl + F1 merely hides the Ribbon.  I suppose that is what he was looking for, LOL.