What options do I have for video player options?
Is there an existing control out there either in .NET or Java that allows tracking time spans throughout playing of an mp4 or h.264 and notifying the server?
1) start mp4 or h.264
2) track starting time
3) if paused, timecode is paused.
4) if video stream is paused, time is paused accurately.
5) I will display text bullet points to the right of the video as it plays.
5) I will pass in various timespans to the control and it should notify me when a timespan is hit.
6) When the designated timespans are hit during the playing of the mp4, I need notified server side so that I can display the next set of bullet points
We are looking at using ASP.NET MVC and HTML5 because we need to support PC's, Macs, and handheld devices: tablets, wireless, etc.
Any suggestions that will support multiple devices and do what I'm asking?