All, im planing a DHCP database migration from 2003 to 2008 64 R2, Am i missing any details or steps?? This need to be seamless with no issues please confirm.
Migrate 2003 DHCP Database to 2008 DHCP Database
A - Install the DHCP role on the WS08 server (do not authorise DHCP at this point)
B - Stop the DHCP service on the WS03 server after export and before authorising the new DHCP server.
1. Export DHCP database from the source 2003 server using cmd:
netsh dhcp server export C:\dhcpdatabase.dat all
2. On the 2008 server, copy the exported DHCP file to the C:\ directory
3. Run the below using an administrator cmd:
netsh dhcp server import c:\dhcpdatabase.dat all
4. Review all configurations to confirm everything has been imported correctly.
5. Authorise the WS08 server DHCP service, a green arrow will appear when successful.
6. Test new DHCP server start up DHCP clients and confirm IP's are being provided.