Search is not working in Outlook 2010. I tested search functionality from the exchange shell, no reported errors. Search in OWA seems to work correctly. The issue must be client related.
Client info: Win7 x64, Outlook 2010x86
Under indexing options, i see "outlook" folder, and "Microsoft Outlook (domain\username)"
Sadly it only says "49 items indexed" which is not correct. I tried rebuilding an removing and re adding the locations to no avail.
Exchange is configured to "use cached mode" and in the appdata\local\microsoft\outlook\ folder i see the users .ost file and it is 3GB in size, but search does not seem to want to index it.