Hello all and thank you for your time.
I am trying to deploy Google Chrome with Group Policy for a particular OU. I have read the books, researched, and even watched walk-through videos on how to accomplish this and still nothing works. I feel as though I have done everything correctly. Here is what I have done:
- On the domain controller, I created a folder on the C drive with the GoogleChromeStandAloneEnterprise.msi and .adm templates in this folder. I have shared this folder and given full control permissions to Everyone and Domain Users
- I then went to Administrative Tools > Group Policy Management and went to the OU that I want to deploy the software to
- I Created a New GPO Policy and went to Edit Policy
- Since I want this to be installed by workstation rather than user and I want this to run in the background, I went to Computer Configuration > Software Settings > Software Installation and did a New > Package
- I typed in the UNC of the installation path and gave it a deployment state of Assigned and under the Delegation tab I gave Domain Users read and write permission
- I did a gpupdate /force on the domain controller and logged off the DC
- I logged onto my test workstation, did a gpupdate /force, rebooted and nothing happens
I have checked the logs on my test workstation to see if there are any failed application installs or things of this nature, and nothing is out of the ordinary. Everything in the logs looks good. I am stumped. Any help would be appreciated. I am probably missing something very simple, but I haven't stumbled upon it yet.
Could it be a "scheduling conflict" with all the other group policies the workstation has to apply? I know the user ID I am logging in with on my test workstation has the ability to install software.
Thanks again for your time. My apologies for the novel.