I currently have clients using Terminal Services for local-based Office 2010 and Exchange. It seems Microsoft is pushing Office 365/Cloud Exchange as an alternative. In my sites, the Office 2010 that is installed on the Terminal Server hooks into a lot of other applications - for instance there is
1) Outlook contact synching with accounting programs
2) being able to get to Adobe from just about any app.
3) The clients have macros and scripts - Word and Excel - that are pretty critical to the operations of their business
4) Additionally clients have add-ons, plug-ins of all kinds in IE
5) I have tight control of desktops through GPO but at the same time users have a lot of leeway with their 'look and feel'.
6) I can rollout specific components via centrally-designed Group Policy as well
Addressing each of the points above, I would appreciate responses detailing how these would work or not work with Office 365. In particular, I would like to hear at first instance from folks who have converted from 'premises' Terminal Services installations like mine to the 365/Exchange cloud model as it seems to be that Terminal Services already gives a 'cloud' experience.