I recently installed Exchange Server 2007 SP3 (64BIT) on my Windows Server 2008 R2 (64BIT) System.
After configuring the Exchange Server, I find I can Send emails without any problems, however, I cannot Receive.
Logged into my Mailbox (OWA) and sent an email to my Hotmail Account. Once received, I replied. Navigated back to OWA and cannot see any emails from "Hotmail". I have checked to see whether all of my "Port Forwarding" have been configured correctly;
• PPTP TCP/UDP 1723 192.168.1.2 1723
• L2TP TCP/UDP 1701 192.168.1.2 1701
• POP3 TCP/UDP 110 192.168.1.2 110
• SMTP TCP/UDP 25 192.168.1.2 25
• Telnet TCP/UDP 23 192.168.1.2 23
• FTP TCP/UDP 21 192.168.1.2 21
• HTTPS TCP/UDP 443 192.168.1.2 443
• HTTP TCP/UDP 80 192.168.1.2 80
• RD TCP 3389 192.168.1.2 3389
• SSMTP TCP/UDP 587 192.168.1.2 587
• SMTPSSL TCP/UDP 465 192.168.1.2 465
• SMTP587 TCP 587 192.168.1.2 587
• LDAP TCP/UDP 389 192.168.1.2 389
• UDP TCP 500 192.168.1.2 500
• SPOP TCP 995 192.168.1.2 995
• TLS TCP/UDP 143 192.168.1.2 143
• PPP TCP 146 192.168.1.2 146
I also ran a utility called "Email Address Verification (http://www.mailtester.com/testmail.php
) and ended up with the following message:
Mail server found for domain
- domain.com (priority 10, ip address: 220.xxx.xxx.177)
Error connecting to mailserver:
No route to host
Another utility which I ran was the Microsoft Exchange Remote Connectivity Analyser and ended up with the following error:
Testing inbound SMTP mail flow for domain firstname.lastname@example.org.
ExRCA failed to test inbound SMTP mail flow.
Attempting to retrieve DNS MX records for domain domain.com.
One or more MX records were successfully retrieved from DNS.
Testing Mail Exchanger domain.com.
One or more SMTP tests failed for this Mail Exchanger.
Attempting to resolve the host name domain.com in DNS.
The host name resolved successfully.
Testing TCP port 25 on host domain.com to ensure it's listening and open.
The specified port is either blocked, not listening, or not producing the expected
Tell me more about this issue and how to resolve it
A network error occurred while communicating with the remote host.
I understand that Port 25 is blocked and did run another utility called "Port Checker" (done online) and stated that my Port 25 on my WAN IP is blocked.
What would be the best course of action?