I have an exchange 2010 server and an outlook 2010 client. recently, whenever outlook is open, the status bar says "updating inbox (3.99GB)" . This will gradually reduce to 1 B but stay on that. It never completes. So I close Outlook and restart and it starts all over again, stopping at 1 B.
While it is updating, no new email lands in the inbox until i restart outlook, then any new items will be updated, but no more will arrive until outlook is again restarted.
Outlook is in cached mode. In online mode, outlook operates as expected. OWA also works fine. So far I have:
- deleted the ost file and let it rebuild
- disabled all add-ons for Outlook
- removed the outlook profile completely and let everything rebuild
- taken a brand new laptop and setup it all up from scratch
- disabled the AV on exchange server and client pc
None of the above steps changed anything.
Any ideas what could be causing this?
Thanks in advance.