I've just set up a 2008 SBS server for a client, replacing an old 2003 SBS box. I've set the new server up using the methods I have used countless times in the past, didn't bother to migrate I just backed up emails and data and started afresh with the new server.
All of the 6 PC's are running Windows XP Pro and Outlook 2007 apart trom one which is running Outlook 2010.
I've run all the updates on the server inlcuding SP2 for 2008 and SP3 rollup 9(?) for Exchange. I've set autodiscover.domain.com in external DNS and have installed a signed UCC cert containing autodiscover and remote.domain and autodiscover works fine as does OWA e.t.c.
Problem is I've got 1 Outlook 2007 PC and 1 Outlook 2010 PC out of the 6 PC's asking for username and password on Outlook launch and every now and then while using Outlook. Cancelling the prompt works for a while and I can continue using Outlook but then it pops back up again.
I've read Demazter's article and have added Kernal Authentication to Windows authentication in ISS to Autodiscover, OAB directories e.t.c. as recommended but I still keep getting the prompts on 2 PC's and it's driving me crazy! Really could do with some help please before I go mad.