We help IT Professionals succeed at work.

Suggested contacts causing failed reply to all imported messages...

Sjohnson111
Sjohnson111 asked
on
Hello All,
I recently did an SBS 2011 installation and setup exchange 2010 (as I have many times)... The customer had been using Google Apps as their mail provider... Since there were only 2 mailboxes that we needed to migrate, I decided to create a PST file from Outlook 2010 before moving to our Exchange Environment...

After I got Exchange all setup, we opened Outlook 2010 and imported the PST file...

Now when ever he replies to a message not received since the migration, he gets the below NDR...

I have cleared the Suggested Contacts Cache... I have deleted all the suggested contacts (emailed myself a copy in case I need to reenter them)... So right now he shows no suggested contacts in his list HOWEVER, they still show up when you start typing an address... I know these are stored in a hidden folder within exchange now, but how do I get rid of them..??? I'll be happy to type them all in from scratch at this point!! But I can't get rid of the old ones...

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:
 
'Old Friend'
The e-mail address you entered couldn't be found. Please check the recipient's e-mail address and try to resend the message. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Diagnostic information for administrators:
 
Generating server: SERVER.company.local
 
IMCEAEX-U@company.local
#550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ##
 
Original message headers:
 
Received: from SERVER.company.local ([fe80::cc1c:7c20:6656:a398]) by
 SERVER.company.local ([fe80::cc1c:7c20:6656:a398%13]) with mapi id
 14.01.0218.012; Tue, 14 Aug 2012 16:16:40 -0400
Content-Type: application/ms-tnef; name="winmail.dat"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
From: User test <user@company.local>
To: 'Old Friend' <IMCEAEX-U@company.local>
Subject: RE: Storage Key
Thread-Topic: Storage Key
Thread-Index: AQHG6G5RVbRcrT1p62y7xZ4hgA4pZAHiARNTAmGPZmiXRMXYsA==
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 16:16:39 -0400
Message-ID: <2B12EA6547831F47964F9F2979820A56E6E35D@SERVER.company.local>
References: <CAF-YKuKcXkANqMgzx01_JYtK2Ep3Ey7Bg1D3RSR3kKApp4POkw@mail.gmail.com>
 <efc2f142aca16b2fbb315c0e5372cb56@mail.gmail.com>
 <BCECC387-4D88-47D1-B8E6-678413352D47@gmail.com>
In-Reply-To: <BCECC387-4D88-47D1-B8E6-678413352D47@gmail.com>
Accept-Language: en-US
Content-Language: en-US
X-MS-Has-Attach:
X-MS-TNEF-Correlator: <2B12EA6547831F47964F9F2979820A56E6E35D@SERVER.company.local>
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Originating-IP: [192.168.1.51]

Thanks for any help!!
Comment
Watch Question

Author

Commented:
Also, if I reply to a message via OWA and then double click on the contact I get the below message....

       Access is denied.
The Active Directory resource couldn't be accessed. This may be because the Active Directory object doesn't exist or the object has become corrupted, or because you don't have the correct permissions.

This is weird because as I said we did this to 2 mailboxes, one seems to work fine while the other doesn't work at all...

Not sure where to look at this point...
Manpreet SIngh KhatraSolutions Architect, Project Lead
CERTIFIED EXPERT
Top Expert 2013

Commented:
Is this a contact for External user if so you wont be able to set forwarding .... if your sending email to external user you shouldnt be getting any error ?

Were these contacts created in OWA or how were they created ?

- Rancy

Author

Commented:
This happens when I reply to ANY old message... The intended recipient can be internal OR external...

I believe we have the X500 address issue, however since we moved from Google Apps, I don't know how I can find the legacyExchangeDN value to add it back...

Any ideas on that..???
Hi,

This link talked about migration from one Exchange organization by using Exchange migration tool or Exchange merge utility, users that try to reply to old email or send an update to a meeting to the recreated Mailbox, get an NDR.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555197
We had the same problem after migrating from SBS2003 to SBS 2011.
We also  imported the PST files into the user exchange accounts.

The only way we could resolve it was to delete the cached address when they had the error.
We did this manually when the old cached address bounced. We simply clicked the X on the right hand side of the address when it displayed the cache.

When we sent the email again or replied all was ok as it was pointing to the correct directory.
The NK2 cache was pointing to the old directory container.

Explore More ContentExplore courses, solutions, and other research materials related to this topic.