I'm running a program built in Access 97 that has worked fine in Windows XP and Windows 7 until today when it looks like some Windows updates have caused an issue. The problem I'm encountering is similar to (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;246169
- MDE Database Must Be Recompiled Under Current Service Release) where it looks like the library files used in the software have been replaced by the Windows updates. I did have 2 XP machines this morning that weren't working though once I replaced the different library files with ones that I had saved months ago these 2 PC's started running properly again. Unfortunately this same fix hasn't worked on the Windows 7 Machines. The files that my program references are:
-- VBA332.DLL - In "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VBA\"
-- MSACC8.OLB - In "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\"
-- MSCOMCTL.OCX - In "C:\WINDOWS\system32\" also in my progam directory "D:\Books\Office\"
-- dao350.dll - In "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\"
All my Windows machines are running the 64 bit version of Windows so I also copied/created the Program Files (x86) versions of any file located in the Program Files folder in XP.
The error message that comes up when running the program is "Function Isn't Available in Expressions in Query Expression..."
I've read and tried the suggestions on the following with no luck: