How to "group count" in Excel?
Posted on 2012-08-17
Dear Excel experts,
Here is the background:
I have a script that pulls all the “alarms” from all the “servers” from the environment.
The script output is csv file that holds the following columns and data:
• Time of the alarm.
• Alarm type
• Server ID
• And other data that not relevant to the question.
Some information about the relation of the items:
• For each component there are several “alarm type” and each “alarm type” belong to one specific component.
• Each alarm can have more than one instance (==line) on a server (ID).
Each component has
I would like to pull from this CSV file the following:
• Number of unique alarm currently in the system (basically to do some kind of “grouping” based on Alarm type.
• Number of unique alarm for each component (grouping based on ”component” and “alarm type”)
Or in other words, how do you I do “group count” in excel?
Thanks in advance,