SBS2003 cant connect to network after power supply failure.
Posted on 2012-08-20
I have a SBS2003 that has been working for years. Had the power supply fail a couple of days ago, put one in from another box that works (the server is old and couldnt find a new one). I'm getting ready to switch to a newer server with SBS2011, but need this one to run for another week.
Now this one cant connect to the network and i have all the computers on the network running on alternate manual IP addresses. The server cant ping the router/default gateway.
I have already (no particular order) -
- put another NIC in the server and tried that, disabling the first one
- run the internet connection wizard
- checked that the rest of the network can connect to the gateway and the internet
- switched to a different ethernet cable
- connected directly to the router
- switched ports that the sbs2003 is connected to on both the switch and the router
- the router seems to be working fine, I'm sending this through it
- can ping the server IP from inside the server
- can't ping the router from inside the server
- the configuration is the one with only one NIC