Starting early this morning regular users started getting the above error message when opening hyperlinks in Outlook 2007 on this terminal server.
This is a windows 2008 r2 terminal server with Office 2007.
Google Chrome was installed on this machine over the weekend then removed around the time these problems started and from the research I have done so far, this seems to be a common problem. Something to do with the registry key's being corrupt after a chrome uninstall.
However I have followed all the suggestions in these articles, and they have not fixed this issue.
Note...this does not affect a domain admin account, just normal user accounts.
I've tried upgrading to IE9 then downgrade back to 8.
I've tried installing google chrome again, but no luck.