I have a very odd problem that has just started happening for one user on their SBS 2008 server.
The user is now no longer able to receive certain emails with attachments. It only started happening yesterday. No changes have been made on the server. the issue occurs with both internal and external senders.
I send the user test email, no attachments, they receive it.
I send the user a test email with a .xls or .xlsx attachment, they do not receive it.
I send the user a test email with a PDF attached, they *DO* receive it.
Other users are receiving excel attachments without any problem.
I have run the Exchange Message Tracking tool also, and it reports that the email with attachments IS received and delivered. I have checked the results in the tool compared with the plain test email i sent and the results are identical. I have attached a screenshot of the tool results, the "test again" subject is the plain email with no attachment and the "FW: spread..." email is the one with the .xlsx attachment.
I have also eliminated any local client (ie Outlook issues) interference by ensuring all Outlook connectivity is closed down, and am doing all testing via the OWA webmail interface.
I have stopped and restarted all Exchange services also. I have checked the event log for anything untoward and all appears to be fine.
I'm now pretty stuck. help! :)