Our company is a sub to other companies...we have employees on location at various other companies...we host our own Exchnge Server, it is a 2003 Exchange Server.
The companies we do business with are now requiring encrypted email sent between us and them.
I am trying to get a better understanding of SSL Certificates...we currently only have a handful of employees that have Verisign certificate with which they can encrypt their email using Outlook 2007, 2010...but those employees are at corporate and the certificate resides on their desktop.
What I need to accomplish now is that we have about 70 employees who need to be able to send encrypted and Read encrypted on there desktop, PDA, laptops, home computers and smartphones....many of these employees use desktops at the location they are at and that company provides the computer.
This morning I did a test with my own Verisign certificate...I received an email to my work desktop Outlook 2010 and it was encrypted. I can read it on that computer.
Here is what didn't work:
1. I tried from my home computer where I had the message forwarded
2. I tried to read it by logging into OWA
3. I tried to read it logging in through Exchange over HTTP
4. I tried logging into the VPN and opening out in Exchange over http
5. I tried logging onto OWA while on the VPN
How can I be able to read encrypted email on all my devices?