After Installing Adobe filters 9 64 bit Full Text search is not returning any pdf results
Posted on 2012-08-23
Operating System: Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard 64 bit.
Software: Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2
I am having trouble retrieving any results from a full text search on pdf documents. I installed Adobe IFilters 9 for 64 bit machine. I did the following
1. Installed IFilters
2. Ran the following SQL
EXEC sp_fulltext_service 'load_os_resources', 1;
EXEC sp_fulltext_service 'verify_signature', 0;
3. Appended C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe PDF iFilter 9 for 64-bit platforms\bin\" to the PATH environment
4. Restarted the SQL Full-text Filter Daemon Launcher service
5. Restarted the SQL Server
6. Rebuilt Full Text Catalog and Index
7. Tried deleting and recreating the index and full text catalog
8. I ran this SQL to check the PDF type was in the results which it was with the path to the dll
select * from sys.fulltext_document_types
So, I have unistalled the IfIlters and done the same over and over again, only once did I retrieve some results but nowhere near the number of results expected. After I rebuilt the indexes that time though it stopped retrieving any pdf results. I dont actually think the pdfs are being indexed in the first place rather than there being a problem retrieving the data.
I am totally at a loss as to what is wrong, I have trawled the internet and tried everything I have found so far but no luck.
If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
Thanks very much