The situation is critical today as an application. All the application users are disappointed by the performances and are not able to work with it. The application is not stable:
- the performance is very low.
- the system is very slow and freezing all the time
- some time application crashing or user not able to login
We have three server:
1. Prod Server(RHEL 5.2)
2. App Prod server(RHEL 5.2)
3. DB Server(RHEL 5.2)
1. Raise up memory on application system
2. Kernel parameters changes
3. Increasing the swap space on Application Server
4. vm.nr_hugepages setting to be changed on prod server
5. Set up the memlock user limit
6. Upgrade omnivision version on all 3 servers to 7.21
7. Clear the Alert Log and diagnostic files on the Preprod server
8. Extend disk space from 3.4 GB to 10 GB on Prod DB server
Linux platform with Oracle databases mounted
still not able to diagnose the root cause and the troubleshooting continues. Till then the temporary workaround is to bounce the DB and reboot the server after 10-15 days. Need your help in:
1. Server performance needs to be looked into.
2. Network Communication between (Prod DB) and (Prod Apps) needs to be checked.
Need your help to diagnose the ROOT CAUSE and resolve this issue.
Pls check the logs attached with this case: