We have a Terminal Server running Windows Server 2003 with Sage Payroll Installed. Administrators can run Payroll no problem but when a domain user launches it, the splash screen shows and then closes. The main program never opens and there is no error message.
The Payroll data lives on a separate file server.
Here is what I have tried:
1) Checked that the Payroll share gives the relevant users full control (both share and NTFS permissions)
2) Gave the relevant users full control and ownership over the "c:\program files\sage payroll" and "c:\documents and settings\all users" directories and propagated permissions down to child objects
3) Gave the relevant users full control over the c:\windows directory and all child objects (bad practice I know but I just did this for testing)
4) Used Process Monitor to check for deny entries on file system and registry objects. There were lots of denies on registry objects so I went through all of them and now no deny messages are logged when launching the program but I still can't log in
5) Tried adding a user as a local admin, open payroll, log out, remove from local admin and open payroll again as a domain user
Finally I called Sage but they just said it was a network issue and they would not help me.
Any help would be much appreciated!