• Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 798
  • Last Modified:

Some Users are getting Delivery has failed to these recipients when they email a exchnage user.

I have a users where some of the company can no longer email this person.

We are using a SBS 2011 and I did a migration, however after the migration some of the users are not able to email this person anymore. The Old SBS 2003 Server has been retired and Exhcange was removed and the server was demoted.

Can anyone maybe tell me why they are getting this? And more important how to correct this issue?
pharris & prquiza are the same users, Just so you know.
Delivery has failed to these recipients

Pat Urquiza<mailto:IMCEAEX-_O%3DSDE_OU%3DFirst%2B20administrative%2B20group_cn%3DRecipients_cn%3Dpharris@Domain.com>
The e-mail address you entered couldn't be found. Please check the recipient's e-mail address and try to resend the message. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.


Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: JUDY.DOMAIN.local

IMCEAEX-_O=SDE_OU=First+20administrative+20group_cn=Recipients_cn=pharris@domain.com
#550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ##
0
sdetraff
Asked:
sdetraff
1 Solution
 
Manpreet SIngh KhatraSolutions Architect, Project LeadCommented:
We are using a SBS 2011 and I did a migration, however after the migration some of the users are not able to email this person anymore. - Assume there was a PST Export and Import .... does this user has a X500 ? Possibly the issue

If not Add X500 to users email address and check

- Rancy
0
 
NetfloCommented:
X500 I don't believe will be your issue, as the SBS2003 server is gone from the network and the migration was done not using export/import - I don't believe?

Although this link may be of help: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvrgeneral/thread/9258512e-fd8c-4b83-ab71-c7f07c3bd5a1

If it's just one user, export the mailbox, delete and recreate again, import. Much quicker than fiddling around.
0
 
Jeffrey Kane - TechSoEasyPrincipal ConsultantCommented:
The problem occurs often.  It happens because of old email addresses stored in a user's NK2 file (the auto-fill items for the "TO" field in Outlook).

The only way to really stop it from happening is to get users to recognize that it is autofilling the wrong address and to DELETE that from the drop-down choices when they start typing a user's name.

Usually its only a few people who are affected so it should be too hard to get rid of them.

If you have more, AND you are using Outlook 2010, you can import the NK2 file into the Suggested Contacts list (which has now replaced NK2) and then manually delete any incorrect addresses.  (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/980542)

Jeff
TechSoEasy
0

Featured Post

NEW Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 1.5

With Office 365, it’s your data and your responsibility to protect it. NEW Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 eliminates the risk of losing access to your Office 365 data.

Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now