A few days ago, one of our domain controllers jumped ahead 6+hrs in time. We solved that issue and all other pain in the rear resulting issues, except one. Ever since then, our Exchange 2010 server will no longer talk to any Blackberry via BIS. When we try to setup a blackberry via BIS, we get the message "an error occurred during email account validation".
Things you need to know and things we've tried:
1) OWA works internally and externally.
2) iPhones/Droids work just fine.
3) Outlook Anywhere works fine.
Exchange Remote Connectivity Analyzer results are completely successful.
tests are completely successful.
5) We have restarted Exchange and IIS services (many times for IIS after many changes/tests).
6) We have rebuilt EWS virtual directories.
7) We have tested disabling the Windows firewall.
8) We have tried changing EWS authentication types many times (Basic, Windows, Combination).
9) We have called RIM. They could not get it working.
10) Building a BES is not an option. We have so few BB users, that I only want to provide BIS support....which has been fine and working for some time. Yes, I've setup BES before, and I know I could have done so by now. I hate BES. Well, now I hate BIS as well.
11) We have not tried firing all of the employees that continue to use BB.
Thanks for any help you might offer.