Below novice linux guy. Trying to get NTFS share to mount in Centos 6.2 with write permission.
I have CentOS 5.7 working using the following method, can't get it to work in 6.2.
1. On CentOS vm, created user "pusher" set password to "password"
2. On W2K server 2003, created local user "pusher" set password to "password". Set as Administrator
3. On CentOS vm, as pusher I ran mkdir /mnt/SHARE
4. On Centos 5.7 vm, logged in as "pusher", in command line I type mount -t cifs -o username=puser,password=password //server/C$ /mnt/SHARE
5. I can then read and write to /mnt/SHARE
When I try this same thing in 6.2 I get read only. WHen I look at permissions it shows drwx-rx-x.
Again, barely know what I'm doing. Just trying to copy an existing setup. If you could provide full solution using account names etc, it would be much appreciated.
End goal is to have user "pusher" on linux box able to read/write to mounted NTFS directory. again this is working as above in centos 5.7.
Greatly appreciate any help as I'm tearing what little hair I have left out.