I've installed over 3 servers with some variation of the following as the symptom/remedy:
1. Install a fresh install of Windows 2008R2.
2. Install Hyper-V.
3. Install Virtual Machine - 2008R2
4. Install DNS, DHCP, File Services, and WSUS roles
Run Windows update on host machine as well as Virtual Machine.
No internet results on host machine.
1. Give the NIC assigned to the VM a static address.
2. Disable ipV6 wherever possible.
Now, unfortunately, in my latest install, I did both of the above, and nothing...
Funny part, I can ping the VM, but the VM cannot ping out. If I enable v6, it can ping other v6 machines on the network.