Out domain has two subnets; 100.x and 200.x. We have one physical Domain controller in each subnet. The HQ office is in the 100.x subnet and the application servers are in the 200.x subnet. About a week ago, we replace the virtual DC in the 200.x subnet with a physical server because if we have a VMWare issue, then the DC goes down. That promotion and demotion went as planned and things worked well for about 5 days. Then for not apparent reason, we lost the capability to browse from the 100.x subnet to the 200.x subnet. If I open a windows explorer, all I see are systems in the 100.x subnet.
I can RDC by name and IP address the servers on the 200.x subnet.
I can DameWare by name and IP address the servers on the 200.x subnet.
I can use the run window to route to the servers on the 200.x subnet. (\\servername\c$)
If I remote to the 200.x side, I have the same problem. I can only see the servers on the 200.x side.