network connection drops (gateway goes missing) after 3 minutes for only certain computers
Posted on 2012-08-27
We have a very mysterious problem.
There are dozens of computers that use our network without any problems. However, 6 HP laptops get kicked off the network after 3 minutes like clockwork.
- after they get kicked off, the default gateway is missing from ipconfig
- all 6 laptops work fine on other networks
- they get kicked off both wired and wireless in exactly the same manner
- HPs are 2 different models, Pavilion dv6-6C50US and HP ENvy 15
- we have others of these same models that work fine on the network
router is a ZyXEL ZyWALL USG200 configured for DHCP
router and all PC's are completely up to date with all patches
we have tried:
- hardcoding the default gateway in TCP/IP settings
- adding and removing network cards in device manager
- disabling Anti-Virus