Losing the Lizard II
Posted on 2012-08-29
I am sad that we may be losing The Lizard again (I had a similar q some time ago). We all love the Lounge, but we can't seem to sustain enough questions to maintain premium status. What then happens is the drumming up of a bunch of pointless (but not poinkless) questions near the end of the month just to maintain this "premium". What does it give us, really? The ability to ask and search; that's pretty much it.
I've lost premium a number of times and still enjoy and participate in the Lounge. I want the Lounge to maintain its coolness, its edge. By cheating we become the disgusting thing the badgers mistakenly think we already are. I don't mind if they think we're disgusting because we're irreverent but I don't want to earn that title by being a cheater.
I suggest that we DO have interesting, fun things to post without posting filler/premium questions that no one cares about just to attain premium. I love the Lounge for many reasons: opinions, info, fun or amazing links; keeping up on popular culture and people; the pics and even the drama at times; but mostly for the irreverent attitude; input and insights of it's smart, funny, scaly denizens. The Lounge has heart and I don't want it to lose The Lizard.
Poinx may be a goal to an extent, but premium is not the be all, end all goal of the Lounge. I suggest that those that have premium ask a question of real interest now and then. There are those with premium who rarely ask a q. Some (like me) may rarely if ever have premium these days, so I may not ask, but I am a participant.
1. We don't ask a bunch of stuff at the end of the month (or at any time) to get that elusive premie status so we can go laze about on a rock for the next 30 days.
2. I hope we never cheat by passing point/ks.
3. I hope that we have enough real, interesting thoughts and ideas to post q's through the month.
4. I hope that "status" is not a goal in the Lounge, but rather the fun and experience of just being here and participating.
5. I hope the chase for premium dies and we can finally post the q: "RIP Premie!"
6. I hope we never lose The Lizard.
MQ: Opinions? Discussion?..