I have another question posted which isn't getting the response I hoped, so I'm going to hopefully simplify my question here as if I can validate that I will be able to accomplish the following requirements, I have no problem doing the Visual Studio work.
- Can I have multiple SQL Server 2008 data sources in an InfoPath 2010 WEB form, Some read only for lookups, and 1 main source to write and update to a table through a WCF or some other type of web service?
- If yes, is WCF the proper service to learn how to create, or is there a better approach?
- If no, how is the best approach for this, pure C# server side before the submit or am I totally off base.
- Although I think I know this answer is no, is there a way to do it natively in InfoPath that I'm missing, these are WEB forms, not client based.
- At this point in time I have no budget for third party tools or solutions, and I have found many solutions that would expedite this, so these answers are a no go for me, although free tools like xml editors, query editors, or any other suggestions to make this effort easier on me would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,