Error message "The connection cannot be completed because the remote computer that was reached is not the one you specified. This could be caused by outdated entry in the DNS cache. Try using IP address of the computer instead of the name."
After adding this working on my domain, I received this error message when I try to RDP using the hostname. But if I use the IP address it work. Also I’m not able to remotely used computer management to this workstation.
This is what I did prior to this issue.
1. I change the power setting to always on.
2. I enable the RDP setting.
3. I Disable the firewall setting.
4. I add the Pc to the domain.
This is the steps I followed to trouble shoot this.
1. I run I config/all – no anomalies
2. I run nslookup – no anomalies
3. I flush the dns
4. I remove the PC out of the domain
5. I re-add the PC back to the domain using different host name.
After all of this, I still receive the same error message. Thoughts?
Hence, I know I having a DNS related issue, but where?