Unable to view available networks
Posted on 2012-08-30
Until a week ago I was able to view available networks using Microsoft WZC. Now WZC claims that “there are no wireless networks available.”
I have done the following:
1. Reset the stack (netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt)
2. Manually started WZC
3. Replaced the wireless card
4. Reset Windows using “restore point.”
5. Tried almost every “fix” available from a Google search.
6. Followed the procedure provided by the Microsoft site.
7. Tried with the firewall on and off.
The system is a Toshiba Satellite Laptop, Windows XP Pro w/ SP3.
I have also tried a USB wireless NIC. When using it’s viewing utility I am able to view all AP’s in the area.
Any help that will point me towards a solution would be appreciated.