I have a Dell inspiron 1000 Laptop that runs about 2 or 3 minutes and then shuts itself off due to the fact that the processor over-heats.
I took the keyboard off, took out the fan and heat sink, made sure that the heat sink was clean and applied new therm o grease between the heat sink & processor, but it still overheats. It gets so hot that I can start to smell something like it's almost to smoking temp & I almost burnt my finger when I touched the top of the heat sink. the fan comes on and runs just like it is supposed to.
Can someone give me any ideas what I could do to help this situation?
I am sending a pic of the fan & heat sink.