Have 3 printers setup via GPO, The printers are located in 3 separate rooms. Setting the default printer works fine for two of the rooms but not the other, for example:
ROOM A - SALES (setting the default printer for the sales group within this room works fine)
ROOM B - MARKETING (setting the default printer for the Marketing group within this room works fine)
ROOM C - MARKETING (The default printer points to Room B, rather than Room C)
1) For each printer I setup 'create' and then targeting set to a computer OU
2) Then I setup the same printers again as 'update' adding 'set as default printer' for each one but this time targeting set to the specific user groups to print to that printer within that room.
3) The issue seems to lie in the fact that the Marketing group is added for two printers, but defaulting only to ROOM B.
The machines are all XP with client side extensions installed.