CAD CAM publishing via Xenapp
Posted on 2012-09-03
We would like to publish application like CAD CAM via Xenapp ( on Windows 2008 R2). As known these are resource intensive apps .Not sure how this applications would respond in comparison to installing them and running them on physical desktops having the GPU available. We are not looking into introducing Xendesktop in the environment. Can anyone please help to understand the
- What are the areas that we need to be aware of ?
- What are the ideal Xenapp server hardware requirement w.r.t RAMs, GPUs, etc
- What could be user concurreny an ideal sized server could handle?
- Different ways these applications can be delivered and the best option to follow?
- What would be bandwidth requirement for users ?
- What are pros and Cons ?
Some details and pointers on the above would be of immense help.