There is a lot out there about this, but I admit I am having a hard time following and some of it does not work with SQL Server. Can someone assist?
I have queries that need to be executed and output to pipe-delimited text. The text file is linked to an Access db.
SQL Server 2008 - many simple queries are executed in order and result sets saved as text files to local c-drive.
1. Execute query "Select * from AAA"
2. Results appear as pipe-delimited
3. Save as "C:/extracted_data/aaa.txt"
4. Access Db already has a linked connection to aaa.txt
Step 1 automation......
1. Automate the "write to text" part of eace query
2. Run all queries automatically in order
3. All output is sitting out there waiting for the Access user to connect.