Server 2003 SMB Boot.ini Issue
Posted on 2012-09-05
I have an office running MS Server 2003 SMB. Last night the server shut down hard. When we rebooted, the server would just keep recycling power during boot up. We get an error about boot.ini...."Invalid Boot.ini, loading from C:Windows
I attempted the following fix:
1. Insert the Windows 2000/XP/2003 CD-ROM.
2. Restart your computer.
3. When prompted to Press any key to boot from CD, press the Space bar.
4. At the Welcome to Setup message, press R to start the Recovery Console.
5. If you multi-boot this computer, select the installation of Windows XP that failed to start.
6. When prompted, type the administrator password and press Enter.
7. When the command prompt opens, type bootcfg/list and press Enter to display the entries in the boot.ini file.
8. Type bootcfg/rebuild and press Enter to scan your hard drives for Windows NT-based installations.
Follow the on-screen instructions to add installations to the boot.ini file.
But when i get to step for and opt for the recovery console, setup tells me "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer after pressing ‘R‘ "
The hard drives (there is a RAID 5 Config)are fine, they are seen by the Bios and we get the server 2003 splash screen...HELP!!!