How to include a formatted xls file, while creating a Setup wizard project in VS2010
Posted on 2012-09-05
I have windows desktop application which has several forms, crystal reports etc.
and 1 formatted xls file named "invoice.xls"
Below are the steps I followed to create a Setup project in VS2010 for VB.NET Windows application.
1. In the windows XYZ project. Changed mode to release and Build the application.
2. Created new project --> other projects --> Setup and deployment --> visual studio installer and choosed option "Setup Wizard"
3. Choosed setup for Windows application
4. Added all files under Release folder of XYZ project.
5. Then all stuffs like giving pre-requities, setting up desktop folder, program menu. was done.
6. Then I have build the application in debug mode.
7. Changed from Debug to Release and build the application.
Took all files in release folder as package setup.
there were setup.exe and msi files and other pre-requities.
After installing ....all my crystal reports are working fine .....Even datagrid and export to excel is also working fine.
But there is one report after click of the button it should open with the formatted invoice.xls file....the xls file opens with a grey screen..no data ....and no files is saved to particular path.......
Also I tried by adding this invoice xls file in step while creating the project....still its not working.....
The inovice.xls works fine if I run (f5) the project XYZ .....
Please help me work to make this invoice.xls work in creating the setup project.....