Create new table in MySQL
Posted on 2012-09-05
We have a MySQL database on a web server; we want to split it into an "archive" portion & a "current" portion. The name of the original table is resv. Using phpMySQL, here are the steps I tried:
(1) Selected all the rows I want to split off.
(2) Exported the result to my local (Windows 7) machine. I exported data & structure. The file is about 29MB
(3) Edited the file in notepad, replacing all resv with resva.
(4) Created a gz zip file using 7-Zip. The gz file is about 4.7 MB.
(5) Using phpMySQL, tried to upload the file into a test database; note, the table resva DOES NOT exist in the test database.
(6) It runs for about 10 minutes; then just stops with no error message or anything.