Client has an automated process to send statement files generated out of their practice management program a company. The process is scripted to sweep the directories that they save these exported statements into and it sends them a company through .exe by means of Windows scheduled task. All works fine on my Server 2003 OS.
Here is where I am seeing an issue.
I have the exact same setup on the 2008 R2 x64 server as I do on the 2003 x86 Standard but they act differently.
Here is the basic version:
On the 2008 server – The script is below:
for %%a in ("C:\Path\*.txt") do abc.exe -u username -p password -d "Client Statement File" -f "%%a" >> abc.log
move "C:\Path\*.txt" "C:\Path\Processed"
Notice there are two parts. The first sends it to the company and the second just moves the file out of the original directory so it won’t get picked up again next time.
1. When we use a Server 2008 Scheduled Task and point it at the batch file with the commands above – it moves the file (step2) and NOTHING is written to the abc.log and if I check the company, it is never received .
2. If I run the batch script by either double clicking on it or through a command prompt – it will move the file and write to the abc.log that it was sent.
We have checked that all the abc.exe and abc.log have full permissions and obviously the scripting is written correctly because it works when run manually.
We have created a new scheduled task on the Server 2008 with Server 2003 compatibility – same result.
Also booted the server – same result.
We have even tried setting up a remote scheduled task firing off of a 2003 server in the same domain – (utilizing psexec - which we have done before when scheduled tasks wouldn't work with Server 2008 but would work when manually run) - same result.
I tried changing the abc.exe compatibility to XP but still nothing.