I have a website that i cannot access any longer.
it appears that there is a glitch at the login point,
Normally it takes a user name and a password.
But it will no longer accept the two words that we have used for the last three years.
Clearly someone has either hacked into the site or a fault has developed.
A fault did occur about four years ago and the developer fixed it.
Now I cannot contact him because he has left and I have no way of tracing him.
The site is written in Joomla and I have complete ftp access to the server side.
Not being a developer I do not know where to start.
All the admin files are in php.
This is very important and urgent to me.
Can someone please give me guidance and/or suggest what I might do.
I have been involved with computers for a long time but not as a programmer or developer.