We have a W7 machine and 2003 server. Up until yesterday, I set all users to change passwords, at which time the W7 user did and since then this machine will not automatically run login.bat for mappings. It had been working fine or I guess it was.
We can run it manually from the Run Prompt \\server\netlogon and everything is good to go.
I have read and tried putting UAC to its lowest level.
Also added a registry setting called EnableLinkedConnections with value of 1.
Very simple .bat
REM: User drive mappings
net use o: /delete
net use o: \\iconserver\data
net use u: /delete
net use u: \\iconserver\home$\%username%
I had problems with setting User home directories from within the account, so I put the mapping in here.