Hey All -
I've got a web service set up on a server which I used for testing. Today, I decided to put it into production, but the server I am putting it on runs IIS 7.5 (Win08R2) and I only know how to set it up on IIS 6.
I know the basics, but this specific configuration is a bit different than what I usually do...
The instructions (which are only 12 steps) for what I'm adding (SCCM Client Center 3.0) are below. I've already created a folder with all the required files inside as well as a new Virtual Directory with correct permissions (I think), but when it gets to step 7, I'm lost.
Below are the steps for installing in IIS 6 which I got from their page on the SourceForge website. I didn't include the screenshots which were in it, but if you'd like to view the entire steps with screenshots, here's the link.
How to configure SMSClientCenter Web to a Virtual IIS folder.
Author: Sherry Kissinger
Contributors: Roger Zander, Ben Monrad, Hector Cortez
1. On the computer (usually a server) hosting IIS (this could be any ConfigMgr server with
an MP, which will have IIS), create a folder. For the purposes of this document, the
folder will be called “RZ_SMSClientCenterWeb”
2. Copy all of the files & folders contained in the .zip download to this new folder. The
version used when creating this document was SMSCliCtr_WebGUI_0_3_0_0.z
3. From you IIS Manager, Web Sites, Default Web Site, create a New Virtual Directory…
4. Click Next, Input an Alias. This will be what the web page is known as from a web
browser. For this document, RZSMSClientCenter was chosen. Click Next.
5. Browse to the folder where you placed all of the extracted files, and click Next.
6. Select Read, and „Run scripts (such as ASP), and click Next, then Finish.
7. Right-click the new RZSMSClientCenter, and go to properties, then click on
8. Under Application extensions, double-click .aspx, and copy the contents of the
“Executable:” location. Click Cancel to return to “Application Configuration” after you¿ve copied the text
9. Click Add, and paste in to the „Executable:” what you just copied. The Extension is
.wgx. Uncheck “Verify that file exists”, and click OK several times until you have
returned to the IIS Manager. Exit IIS Manager
10. From an Internet Web Browser, browse to: http://servername/RZSMSClientCenter
(assuming you used RZSMSClientCenter as the alias; if you used something else, type
11. Optional: in the web.config file, open in notepad. Search for “IntegratedAuthentication”
. Modify value from True, to False. This allows you to change the username and password under which you run SMS Client Center.
12. Optional: in the web.config file, open in notepad. Search for Data Source . Modify
the listed IP address to be either the IP Address or name of your primary site server, and
modify the SMS_LAB site code to be your site code.