• Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 653
  • Last Modified:

Internet Explorer - Exploring Solutions.

Hi Guys,

It's been a while, but this issue deserve a wider opinion.

Basically one of our customers uses a system called 'TravelTek', a web based application to book holiday destinations.

They have been struggling with a problem for over 2 months now and I believe it to be network/browser related. So here goes;

When performing certain searches, what happens is that IE seems to timing out. I'm not going to explain it further because you'd have to know how to software works.

This only happens in IE 8/9 and only happens on their local network. I've been getting contradicting results. It works in IE outside the local network which would suggest a network issue, but then it works in every other browser aside from IE on the local network.

This has to work in IE and has only been a problem for about 2-3 months.

I know it's not a lot to go off, but if you ask me some questions I'll try and provide you with some more information. I hope someone will have some idea of what to check and how to go about troubleshooting it.

Thanks
0
Staffordshire_IT
Asked:
Staffordshire_IT
1 Solution
 
tylerpayneCommented:
Go to Tools, Internet Options, Click the advanced tab, Scroll down to the bottom and make sure you have SSL 3.0, 2.0 and TLS 1.0 checked.
0
 
m4nd4li4Commented:
Also recommend checking the application using either Firefox or Chrome browser.
0
 
ThwartedUserIDChoiceCommented:
I've seen a similar issue when trying to accesse some of our servers.  The solution seems, oddly enough, to be enabling compatibility mode.  You can do this by going to Tools-->Compatibility View Settings.  Once there, you can choose to enter sites one-by-one, or simply check the box at the bottom to enable it for all sites.  Close and reopen the browser and give it another shot.
0
The 14th Annual Expert Award Winners

The results are in! Meet the top members of our 2017 Expert Awards. Congratulations to all who qualified!

 
Staffordshire_ITAuthor Commented:
It works in all other browsers.

I will try compatibility mode now, thanks.
0
 
tylerpayneCommented:
You should really try the SSL and TLS settings.
0
 
Staffordshire_ITAuthor Commented:
I have enabled them, they made no different unfortunately. SSL 3.0 was enabled already, I just had to enable TLS.

It seems to be working with compatibility mode now, I will test it on other machines, thanks.

Standy-by...
0
 
Staffordshire_ITAuthor Commented:
Ok compatibility mode has been successful, but only when I enabled it for all sites. Weird.

Thanks a lot. You don't know how long I've spent trying to troubleshoot this issue.
0

Featured Post

Keep up with what's happening at Experts Exchange!

Sign up to receive Decoded, a new monthly digest with product updates, feature release info, continuing education opportunities, and more.

Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now