I created a few virtual machines in my Hyper-V Manager in Windows 2012 and have a few questions:
(1) How do I backup these VMs live? Do I need to buy commercial backup software or Windows Native backup will backup VMs?
(2) Where can I find Windows Native Backup program in Windows 2012. User interface is quite different from previous server OS.
(3) After shutting down the VMs, when I right click on a VM, I see "Export" option. When I pointed to an external USB drive and choose the folder "W2012", it created three folders:
- Snapshots : It is empty.
- Virtual Hard Disks : has a file named after VM name with biggest file size.
- Virtual Machines : a long XLML file name with numbers and letter
Is this equivalent to backup except I have to shutdown the VM?